Friday, September 12, 2008

September 17 Smartee ShowOff

Smart Board Showoff & What I have Learned and Issues I have encountered. This will be September 17th in Jason's room, 7:30 AM.

Again, come if you are interested and Smart Board Smartees show us an example of something you have done! This can count as 1/2 hr. towards the 4 hours necessary for grad credit.

For an extra half hour of your time written off, post a comment to this blog, pick anonymous but put your name in it. In the bottom of article, click on comments and it will make sense. Post an idea for a lesson, template used, how you used it. Tell us about a lesson you have done with your students, what your students are saying, how you feel about it, are they enhancing learning? A blog comment with information about a lesson you have presented that you will show at our smartee showoff would be a fabulous entry! REMEMBER! Extra 1/2 hour towards those 4 needed, so please write something thoughtful! Total of 1 hour available!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used a match activity in science with the 5 kingdoms. We reviewed the kingdoms on separate pages by writing on the board. After the review, we used a match/sort activity to place important features of each kingdom into the proper category. Each student was able to use the board at least once. They are really enjoying using the board. I have created and saved about a dozen lessons with a majority of them being interactive for the students. There have been countless times I have used it without needing to save items.

So far, my only problem is that occasionally my computer won't realize it is hooked to a board. It is a fairly easy fix though. I also have a group of students that think their opportunity to be at the board is their chance to "show off" to everyone.

I would have to say that I love using it right now. I still have plenty of things to learn though.

Jay

Anonymous said...

I have used my smartboard mainly for powerpoint notes and to show various websites to my personal finance students. Tomorrow, I am planning on reviewing for a test using the word guess template for terms and will use a multiple choice review for other questions. I have all seniors in my class and I never thought the seniors would be so excited to use it. Even if I don't plan on using it a particular day, they ask me to turn it on so they can "play" with it.

I have had a few problems with the smartboard in my room. All of the problems I have had have been computer related, PowerPoint not being current, the computer crashing, or just being slow.

I really like my smartboard, I just wish I had or took more time to use it to its full potential for my personal finance class.

John

Anonymous said...

I used the smart board as an introduction to a non fiction story named viking voyage. The story is about a group of men who recreate Leif Ericson's voyage to the new world. I had a video (showing a viking ship sailing) play as the kids came in. This got them curious then we talked about Leif and the vikings and I used various maps off the net to show where the countries are and gave a brief history of how far the vikings roamed. I was also able to show some different aspects of viking life and culture off the net. It was a fun lesson and the kids enjoy just anything we do with the smartboard. Andrew

Anonymous said...

My second grade students love using the smartboard. We use it a lot in science, social studies, and spelling.

The only problem I am having is that I have a portable smartboard and my second grade students bump the smartboard and then we have to reset everything and sometimes they will accidentally bump the projector. It takes up class time when I have to reset everything.

Sally